Monday, May 17, 2010

Stuck In Neutral

Stuck in Neutral was written in the year 2000. It was written by Terry Trueman. Shawn McDaniel's character was based on Terry Trueman's own home situation.

Shawn McDaniel is a fourteen-year-old teenager who thinks that his father might want to kill him. Shawn is an interesting individual, many people said that he is not an intelligent human being, that he is just a "vegetable". This book is written in his point of view.

I cannot completely say that I loved this book; however, I can say that I did like it. Stuck in Neutral made me a little bit more aware of exactly what cerebral palsy is, and it also made me aware of some of the feelings all family members can go through. It explores the possibility of an after-life.
"I have this weird -- I don't know what you'd call it -- ability? Gift? Power? Whatever name you want to give it, the thing is that I can remember everything I ever hear, perfectly, with total recall" (2). Shawn makes it perfectly clear that he does have a brain that functions. So I will not tell you anymore, if you want to find out what happens you read it for yourself.
CAUTION: There is some language in this book and mild descriptions of violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment