Monday, May 17, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox


The Adoration of Jenna Fox

This book was written by Mary E. Pearson (here is a link to her website in case you're interested). The book was copyrighted in 2008 and printed in 2009 in New York.

Let me tell you that this was a fantastic book! It kept my interest until the very last page. The Adoration of Jenna Fox is about Jenna Fox who has just woken up from a supposed coma. She doesn't remember anything her life. She has been told that her name is Jenna, but now she wonders who that really is. Mystery, suspense, and intrigue riddle this book from beginning to end. There is also a little bit of romance mixed into it along with a sci-fi feel. This is just simply a great book!

"Pieces - Isn't that what all of life is anyway? Shards. Bits. Moments. Am I less because I have fewer, or do the few I have mean more? Am I just as full as anyone else? Enough? Pieces." This is found on page 80 of the book, she is just beginning to find out what has been going on for the past two years. "Taste - maybe I don't like hot chocolate. And maybe the three weeks' worth of memories aren't real at all." (63). The more she doubts herself the more intrigue there is in the book. That is all I am going to say about this book, simply because if you haven't read it you should.
CAUTION: There is some slight language is the book; however, it's not too drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment