Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On My Honor


On My Honor

This book was written by Marion Dane Bauer. This is about another boy named Joel. Joel and Tony decide to travel down to the river. Tony is someone who cannot swim as well, but he is the free spirit. He dares Joel to swim in the dirty river. Joel doesn't want to in the beginning, but he ends up daring Tony to swim to the sandbars. They begin to race and then Tony vanishes. This story is about Joel's journey of being honest with himself and with his family.

I honestly liked this book. I thought it was a little bit sad, and the entire time I am thinking "you need to tell the truth, you need to tell the truth." This book was written in 1986 and it was printed in the U.S.

CAUTION: Be prepared to feel a little irritated with Joel. There is mild language.

No comments:

Post a Comment